Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why learn Portuguese?
I keep getting the question, why do you want to learn Portuguese? And of course, it is a good question.

Deixa me ver...

I have learned several languages, including Russian, Latin, Turkish, French, Arabic, German. Now this does not mean that I know as many languages. Far from it. Besides English, I have a decent understanding of German, can learn French and know a bit of Latin. That's about it. But if I want to make comparison, all I can say is that Portuguese is the most beautiful, playful, funny and expressive language that I have come across so far. So when I set out to expand my language skills, Portuguese was a natural choice. Spanish is also nice, but for me it does not even come close to the beauty of Portuguese. And of course, culture comes with language, and the culture of Portuguese-speaking people is also a rich field to study.

I have no expectation for financial or business benefits from learning Portuguese, but that is OK. Friends, culture, fun and human connections - that is all I hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment